REPORTS TO: CMO and Associate Director ACT services
DEPARTMENT: Clinical Services (NYC ACT Programs)
HOURS: 35 hours per week
Currently licensed as a physician by the NYS Education Department and certified by, or be eligible to be certified by, the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. Valid and clean NY State driver license. Fingerprinting, criminal record check, approval from NYS Office of Mental Health.
Provide psychiatric and medical assessment and treatment as a member of a mobile, multi-disciplinary treatment team and in the community for persons with severe and persistent mental illness.
- Has overall clinical responsibility for monitoring recipient treatment and staff delivery of clinical services (in conjunction with team leader).
- Will attend a minimum of 1 weekly team meeting per team
- Will provide assistance in developing treatment plan in conjunction with ACT/FACT team staff
- Provides psychiatric and medical assessment and treatment.
- Meets with individuals in the community to provide psychiatric assessment and ongoing follow up of medication management.
- Will ensure all ACT participants have a completed and up to date psychiatric evaluation
- Will prescribe psychiatric medication and follow up on medication adherence
- Will ensure all program participants on ACT/FACT are seen monthly by a prescriber
- Will attempt to schedule or have NPP see all clients within 24 hours post hospital discharge
- Provides clinical supervision, education and training of team.
- Will provide support and supervision to NPP
- Will work in conjunction with AD to provide clinical supervision to team leader and team members as needed
- Responsible for the development, maintenance, and supervision of medication administration and psychiatric and medical treatment procedures.
- Will follow up with RN/LPN regarding administration of all injections and medication deliveries
- Will follow up with pharmacy and insurance company to ensure delivery of all prescribed medication. Will complete prior authorizations or supervision on the completion of authorizations with RN to ensure individuals have needed medication
- Participates on team that delivers an integrated array of treatment, rehabilitation and support services, customized to each person. Shares in the joint responsibility for integrated plan. Participates in team interactions producing regular ongoing transfer of information and skills.
- Will attend at least 1 morning meeting and will participate in staff meetings and trainings
- Will call into morning meetings to provide clinical support and ensure schedule of needed visits
- Will provide clinical staff direction on service delivery
- Provides the majority of services in community. Participates in rotating 24-hour crisis coverage and response.
- Meets with patients at their home or other sites in the community
- Comply with agency Compliance Plan and False Claims Policy by preventing, detecting and reporting any potential healthcare abuse and fraud. Report any potential non-compliance and comply with all other federal, state and local regulations applicable to this job description.
- Utilize all agency based IT applications pertaining to this job description in a proficient manner.
- Completes all documentation in the agency E.H.R. in accordance to agency policy and procedure in addition to regulatory standards for ACT/FACT services
- Progress notes will be completed and signed within48 hours of contact
- Will ensure completion and signature of initial psychiatric evaluation for al new referrals within 30 days of admission.
- Remain current on changing developments in individual field of expertise.
- Perform all other job duties as assigned.